Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hoping to lose weight

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a good 15-20 to lose (and another 5-10 after breastfeeding). My baby is almost 8 weeks and feel my milk supply is well established. My plan is to excersise and eat healthier. Just wondering if there are guidelines to follow while breastfeeding. I would like to lose 2-3 pounds for the first few weeks and 1-2 thereafter. Any advice??

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lifetimelove
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Sounds reasonable to me.  =) 

I never really made it a "weight" goal while breastfeeding, I just knew what I could handle in the way of exercising.  Just make sure that you're not shorting yourself on calories.  Exercise is great.  Eating healthy is great.  Dieting is NOT. 

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

jus1jess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Well now that I know of. All my baby weight just fell right off in 5 months total (then lost even more weight in the month after) and I wasn't doing anything unhealthy so I guess it's ok. 

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM

The only guideline is 1800 calories a day, nine months on and minimum nine months off.

cait030507
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I did weight watchers, which I loved.  They tell you how much you should be eating based on your current size and the fact that you are breastfeeding.  It really changed my eating habits.  I joined online and just followed online.  I highly recommend it.

I train at Crossfit because life isn't three sets of 10 reps.  Life isn't consistent and smooth like an elliptical machine.  Life is hard, life is complicated, life moves fast.  I train at Crossfit to be better at life, to be a better mom and to be a better me.

I LOVE CROSSFIT!! (www.crossfit.com)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)