Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you call it when they are older?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM
  • 22 Replies

My baby turned 9 months on Christmas.  She is EBF and I am planning to let her self ween.  So what do you call it when they want to nurse?  My sister said she never said anything to her daughter, but i feel like there should be a name for it or something. 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifetimelove
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM

We call it nursing.  ;)

My son (who's almost 3) sees his sister nursing and goes "Brianna is nursing?"  Doesn't bother me.  But then, we don't do a whole lot of "nicknames" for things. 

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

leedeea
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Same here, I say nursing or simply feeding the baby.

Quoting lifetimelove:

We call it nursing.  ;)

My son (who's almost 3) sees his sister nursing and goes "Brianna is nursing?"  Doesn't bother me.  But then, we don't do a whole lot of "nicknames" for things. 

jus1jess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I forgot exactly when it happened, but my DD came up with "nah-nah" all on her own. 

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

bltcahill
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I've heard it called having nursies or having booboos.  You could just ask if she wants milk.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:24 PM

MY son signed milk in sign language before he named it "butties".  He tought my nipples were milk buttons so he still at 32 months calls them butties.

heres the sign for milk

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/m/milk.htm

mommytobobby
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

my son signed milk. never called them anything.

lizzig
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

My husband is from Mexico & "chi chi" is another word for breasts so we've always called it "chi chi time".  My son is 29 month & in the process of weaning.  It's really cute when he comes up to me & asks "chi chi time? please!". 

Daisymae6
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM

my son will be 3 on friday and he calls it his baba's and has called it that since he was about 1.

Daisy

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics  myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 
   11.gif bfing and pregnancy image by myspacekitkat 

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM

If I can remember correctly my son called it "nah nums", but the girls just say "boob". Usually it's "mama I want boob please" lol.

When I was little I called them my "boobles".

me_and_my_boys
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM
My boys don't nurse anymore, but when they did, and still they just call in Momma's milky.

They nursed until they were 3 years 3 months and 2 years 4 months, so yeah, that is what we called it. They are cute though, they still have their stuffed animals sometimes need mommas milky and just bring them up stick them to my boob for a few seconds and thats it :) Kids are so cute
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)