Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

does anyone have a iud and have problems with it .shrugging

hugs

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I had one, and my uterus contracted too hard so it moved out of place, even tho it had PREFECT placement when they put it in! I bled for over a month straight, no pain, but then they finally did an ultrasound and it was WAY out of place! So, I can never have one because I contract too hard!

However, I have lots of friends who LOVE them and have had them for a couple years now with absolutely no problems!!!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

motherofthre166
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM

i had the iud and everything was fine the all of the sudden i started to cramp really bad but it was only on one side so i had the doctor take it out and with in a coupleof weeks i was pregnant with alexa

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I had 2 Paragards, I really liked them.  My friend had a Mirena and had nothing but problems and removed hers after a year of torture.

Laine18
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I have had the Mirena for about 4 months now.  My son is 10 months old.  I could not remember to take the minipill and then Depo shot made me irritable and constantly hungry.  Having it placed hurt a lot, my uterus contracted a lot.  But now, I have no issues at all.  I still have had not had a period in a little less than 2 years.  This may just be due to the breastfeeding, though.  I have noticed no change in my milk supply, either.  Even though we certainly plan on having more kids before the 5 years is up, I think I made a good decision.

Cmyfantasyworld
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I have a paragard.

It was uncomfortable at first but was better after a few weeks. So far I havent had any real issues that I know of except for one thing. 

I have an appointment for a pap tomorrow and Im going to ask if this is a cause of my IUD, but every cycle on the second day I bleed so bad that i go through tampons in under two hours, al the way through to clothing, unless I wear a pad and tampon all the time and change it every hour and a half or so. 

SpiritedTigress
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I've had one for almost 4 months. The Mirena is awesome, everything has gone great! I wish I would have known about the Paraguard though, it doesnt have hormones in it. I'm happy with what I have though, never any problems :)

MomofMiracle
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 7:08 AM

I've had my mirena since September and love it.  I haven't had any problems.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)