Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nursing clothes

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

so.. All i have a regular ol teeshirts for the most part. Whats the best type of clothing for nursing???? Im not a girly girl by all means so i dont really care for  frilly loose clothes but i want something where i can  nurse and be confy for both baby and i....... any tips, reccomendations? Can i just wear a regular ol teeshirt and nurse????

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlregalado
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I wear a regular(somewhat loose) T-shirt with a nursing tank underneath.

mommyajay
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM

nursing tank........ like with a built in nursing bra???? is that  more expensive or same price era as a nursing bra?

marynash88
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Usually i wore whatever shirt i liked (didnt have to be baggy) and i either wore a nursing tank underneath or i purchased several tube tops. They work great to just pull the top shirt up, drop the top of the tube down a smidge. Kept people from seeing your belly and it was cheaper than buying nursing tanks.

cutiepye228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

im pregnant with my third child. i have never gone out to buy nursing clothes. well i do buy nursing tanks. u can find them at walmart,target,old navy and of course maternity stores for about $12-$20 depending where u get them. other than that i wear my reg pre-pregnancy t-shirts. i am a down to earth jeans and a t-shirt kinda girl no frilly things for me. i recommend a nursing tank to everyone(i also hate wearing bras haha soon as i get home i take mine off so a tank is perfect for me)

cutiepye228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

they are just like a reg tank that has the built in self bra with the clasps that nursing bras have for easy access to the breast. they are wonderful!!

Quoting mommyajay:

nursing tank........ like with a built in nursing bra???? is that  more expensive or same price era as a nursing bra?

joseykay
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I agree-nursing tanks are the best- I've worn them with a hooded zip up over them pretty much every day for the past 3 months (obviously, I wash them often!) I have 4- they were the best investment EVER!

zenia85
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Oh that is a great idea. Nursing tanks are still so expensive but tube tops don't cost that much. I think that is what I am going to do. I hats for my belly to be exposed.

Quoting marynash88:

Usually i wore whatever shirt i liked (didnt have to be baggy) and i either wore a nursing tank underneath or i purchased several tube tops. They work great to just pull the top shirt up, drop the top of the tube down a smidge. Kept people from seeing your belly and it was cheaper than buying nursing tanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers
/
mombloggerJ
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I agree that nursing tanks are an excellent investment.  I can't do the tube top thing b/c my boobs are huge and would be down to my belly button if I did-lol.

With my first DD, I wore a nursing tank or bra and a button down shirt most days for easy access.  This time, I treated myself to some nursing shirts.  Not necessary but I do love them. . .

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I never bought anything special for nursing exept the bras. I wear tanks under my shirts so I could pull my shirt up and pull my tank down.

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/oT80m5.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/l5OJm5.png[/img][/url]

TegansMommy
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I reccomend some button-down shirts! I have 6 short sleeve and 6 long sleeve. They are great because you can unbutton from the bottom up and not expose your boobies! (I have huge boobs, DDD) if you're worried about your stomach showing, you can wear a tank underneath! I bought a few nursing tanks from Wal-Mart ($12 a pop) and use those underneath all the time. They are great for sleeping too! GL and all the best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)