Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

okay i didnt brestfeed my first 2. im thinking about feeding this baby. but i dont know how or anything about it. SHould i BRESTFEED OR FORMULA>

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Krysta622
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I believe that every woman who can breastfeed, should.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Well, what makes you not wanna breastfeed?

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (15m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

jlizgar
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM

YES you can and most certainly should breastfeed...you need to spend as much time as you can learning all that you can about breastfeeding and this group is a great place to start...also try to find out if there are any Le Leche League meeting near you, they are a support group for nursing mothers and I suggest you go to the meetings so that you can meet with other nursing moms and ask questions of them and get all the info you can!

Good luck! You will do just fine, dont stress about it, breastfeeding is so totally natural and normal...IF you are to experience any issues, seeking help from a lactation consultant and LLL is of the utmost importance, dont just give up, most every issue a breastfeeding mother encounters can be worked through and solved so that you can continue to nurse your baby and give them THE very best nutrition!

Good luck!

katiemomNY
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Did you really think you were going to come to a breastfeeding group and have anyone tell you that you should formula feed?  

Breast is best!  

good

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM

The answer you will get onthis board is OBVIOUSLY to breastfeed, unless you lack breasts.

Get to the bookstore and pick up a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It will give you all the basic knowledge you need to get started.

Do yourself a favor...spend three times as much time learning about infant feeding as you ever have done on layettes and nurseries. Because feeding will take up about 2/3 of baby's day in the beginning.

star33
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:13 PM

silly mama, of course u should bf. i read a great book called The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding to get prepared. i was lucky, my son was a champ at bf. it was painful at 1st til we got the hang of it, but that just took a couple of days. he bf for 3 yrs & 2 mos. now i'm gearing up for #2. i hope she'll be as easy.

when i babysit for formula fed babies i just shake my head at what a pain in the ass it is! my cousin mentioned how he she ran off somewhere w/no food for baby & i said i don't have that problem-my boobs r always w/me! good luck!

Gruntlings
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM

The universal recommendation for infant health is breastfeeding. It lowers risks of all sorts of illnesses, decreases the severity of illnesses that a child DOES end up having, lowers the risk of SIDS, and has countless other benefits.

Is there any particular reason why you might NOT want to breastfeed? Maybe we can give you information that will help you be completely happy with the decision to breastfeed. :)

------------------------------
You wouldn't take driving lessons with that uncle that never got his license.. You wouldn't trade recipes with the neighbor who only ever feeds her family TV Dinners.. You wouldn't train for a marathon with the friend who gets tired of running after a mile. And if your mom says that no one in your family has ever been able to do it, don't expect her to teach you how.. Get advice from people that have MADE IT WORK. It doesn't have to be hard. It doesn't have to be painful. We've been there. We've done it. You can, too!

Come join us in Cafemom's largest breastfeeding group:
http://cafemom.com/group/breastfeeding

Sara/29/SAHM of 3 year old boy/Due w #2 July 4 2010!/Breastfeeding group mod.

fjlovely
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

breastfeed, i wish i would have done it with all mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)