Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamins to take while BFing

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:29 AM
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone taking vitamins other than prenatals?  I took Alive vitamins before pregnancy and loved them and especially the energy they gave me.  I have been so tired lately and finding myself sleeping a lot!  I just started my period for the first time since having the baby (she's nearly 2 months) and that might have a lot to do w/ being so sleepy.

I was wondering if anyone else takes Alive while BFing?  Everything in it is natural but I don't want to hurt my supply either and I know some herbs, etc can do that.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shytimberwolf
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM

there is some good teas for nursing moms an take prenatal vits .. the tea is Mothers znursing tea.. I buy mine from www.vitacost.com

Quoting mom22littlegirl:

Is anyone taking vitamins other than prenatals?  I took Alive vitamins before pregnancy and loved them and especially the energy they gave me.  I have been so tired lately and finding myself sleeping a lot!  I just started my period for the first time since having the baby (she's nearly 2 months) and that might have a lot to do w/ being so sleepy.

I was wondering if anyone else takes Alive while BFing?  Everything in it is natural but I don't want to hurt my supply either and I know some herbs, etc can do that.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM

As long as there is no sage or mint extract, this is fine to take.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)