Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

herbs and vitamins

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

im not even really sure if i need these because my lil guy nurses wondderfully and i have no problems with a low milk supply at all (at least not yet)  but i am afraid that i may encounter a problem since i will be going back to work and will be unable to devote even 10 mins per pump sessions.  it's more then likely going to be like 5 mins every hour mb 2 hours but no more then 5 mins at a time.  will i dry up?  should i take some herbs goats rue fenugreek or whatever?  and do u moms have any personal expereince wiht these

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Five minutes every two hours is fabulous. More than I got to do. Whatever you get is GREAT. Drink your 64 ounces of water. 3000 mg fenugreek daily. Bowl of oatmeal every AM.

Done. No you will NOT DRY UP.

sassytasha
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Five minutes every two hours is fabulous. More than I got to do. Whatever you get is GREAT. Drink your 64 ounces of water. 3000 mg fenugreek daily. Bowl of oatmeal every AM.

Done. No you will NOT DRY UP.

thanks i am a big worry wart and have been so worried over this but have been taking the measures before i even leave him yet.  also about the fenugreek i have heard this shouldn't be taken by ppl that have thyroid probs (i do i have hypoactive ( underactive thryoid)) does anyone have this prob and take it

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM

If you've got a thyrpid problem, I'd avoid taking any herbals. Oatmeal and water. Pump one side while nursing the other every single morning feed...you'll have more than enough.

sassytasha
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM

ok well im glad that i was told not to before i bought anythign bc those supplements aren't cheap by any means

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Eat your oatmeal. Drink your water. Pump as much as possible. And most importantly, nurse nurse nurse.... you and baby will be fine!  :o) 

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)