Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-PIOG, Does ending cosleeping and night nursing get any easier?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

Emotionally?  It's getting easier physically, Rhapsody only woke up once last night and then officially "slept through the night" with 6 hours (and is still sleeping, and so should I be, but can't because she's not next to me).

I'm having a really hard time with this.  We are expecting another baby and I don't have the room or the energy to be cosleeping and nursing two kids all through the night.  Rhapsody was still waking up 5 or 6 times a night, and I know myself well enough to know that it was starting to drain me.  But honestly, I don't think I was quite ready, and obviously neither was she (or she would have been doing it).

I feel terrible for forcing her to grow up faster than she wanted to, and I miss her so terribly in our bed at night.

Does this get better?  Or am I going to miss her like this forever?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Pishyah
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM

My son's not co-slept with me for over a year and I still fight off crying at night because I want to cuddle him.  We share a room, though.  That might help both of you, if you put her bed in your room so that you're still together but not in the same bed.  It'd reassure her in the middle of the night and not make her feel like when the baby comes that the baby is more important since the babe will take her place at the breast and in the bed.  Hugs, hun.  Ending co-sleeping is hard. 

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

It's the pregnancy hormones talking. Of course it will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)