Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

colic anyone!?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm about to DIE over here lol Don't really have any questions, just wondering how many of you b'fed a colicky baby, and how did you deal with doubting your milk supply? She screams SO much, even during feeds, and I keep thinking she's starving. I know she can't be, her diapers are all good, and I weigh her after a feed soemtimes, and it shows she got 3oz or so, i'm just sooo tired. She was up all night lastnight crying with gas troubles. I have tried it all too...gripe water, gas drops, colic calm, colic tablets. Her poop isn't green, so I'm assuming it's not an imbalance.

ANYway! anyone wanna trade places for a few weeks til this goes away? lol

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Want your pre-baby body back!? Click here! 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pishyah
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I hate the word "colic" SO much.  Does she have "colic" (crying with nothing solving it, NO idea of what it could be, same time every day for the same amount of time) or does she have gas?  My baby was a gassy baby and nothing helped except cuddles, skin to skin, bicycle kicks, and tons of back rubs and pats.  I have 2 friends who had a "colicky" baby who both ended up having issues.  One was GERD and one was just diagnosed as general "reflux".  I now have a friend who has a baby who has real colic (colic is a word used to diagnose something that really can't be explained, for instance back in the Renn. there were colors of colic that a person had.  A person had too much of a color of colic and that would explain their boils or bad breath, etc.) and every day from 6-8pm the baby can't be soothed.  She'll be happy, laughing, and then complete melt-down because it's that time.  I feel bad for babies and parents either way but figuring out which case you fall under is important as something might be able to be done for gas and reflux.  Hugs, hun!  Poor crying babies!

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Quoting hoping4number3:

I'm about to DIE over here lol Don't really have any questions, just wondering how many of you b'fed a colicky baby,

Heh. Mine was always crying unless held. ALWAYS. And since he only slept about four hours out of every 24 that was a lot of crying.

and how did you deal with doubting your milk supply?

Fortunately it had been beaten in my braiin that what goes in must go out. If diapers are being produced they are NOT starving and something ELSE is going on.

She screams SO much, even during feeds, and I keep thinking she's starving. I know she can't be, her diapers are all good, and I weigh her after a feed soemtimes, and it shows she got 3oz or so, i'm just sooo tired. She was up all night lastnight crying with gas troubles. I have tried it all too...gripe water, gas drops, colic calm, colic tablets. Her poop isn't green, so I'm assuming it's not an imbalance.

Overactive letdown is what you're describing...have you looked at that info on kellymom.com yet?

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

yea. She is a fine happy camper from 9pm to 11am, then BAM 11am- 9pm she's only happy if I'm literally moving her in my arms the whole time. :(

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting hoping4number3:

I'm about to DIE over here lol Don't really have any questions, just wondering how many of you b'fed a colicky baby,

Heh. Mine was always crying unless held. ALWAYS. And since he only slept about four hours out of every 24 that was a lot of crying.

and how did you deal with doubting your milk supply?

Fortunately it had been beaten in my braiin that what goes in must go out. If diapers are being produced they are NOT starving and something ELSE is going on.

She screams SO much, even during feeds, and I keep thinking she's starving. I know she can't be, her diapers are all good, and I weigh her after a feed soemtimes, and it shows she got 3oz or so, i'm just sooo tired. She was up all night lastnight crying with gas troubles. I have tried it all too...gripe water, gas drops, colic calm, colic tablets. Her poop isn't green, so I'm assuming it's not an imbalance.

Overactive letdown is what you're describing...have you looked at that info on kellymom.com yet?

srhtinker1981
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM

When my baby was 2 month he had these 45 min. crying spells in the evening. I did'nt think it was colic. I believed that it was to much stimulation with husband coming home and big brother running around and me cooking dinner ect.ect. He also randomly had ones late at night too.Well, he got used too it and stopped before he was 4 months.

Sarah

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM

yea if it was just 45 min in the afternoon I'd manage lol but this is allllll day. exactly what my 2nd daughter had (hers was also all day long from 2 weeks to 3 months)

Quoting srhtinker1981:

When my baby was 2 month he had these 45 min. crying spells in the evening. I did'nt think it was colic. I believed that it was to much stimulation with husband coming home and big brother running around and me cooking dinner ect.ect. He also randomly had ones late at night too.Well, he got used too it and stopped before he was 4 months.

Pishyah
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Poor baby.  You know what to do to try to work with your overactive letdown to try and lessen her gas and pain?

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

yea, been doing all they say on kellymom anyway :( just trying to wait it out! :)

Quoting Pishyah:

Poor baby.  You know what to do to try to work with your overactive letdown to try and lessen her gas and pain?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)