Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural remedies for Thrush?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

My 3 month old seems to have a bit of thrush, as well as a yeast rash.  We are treating the yeast rash, but it will just keep coming back if I don't get rid of the thrush.  I'm wondering if there are any home remedies for Thrush, or if I just need to go in and get him a prescription?  What do you ladies think? 

Thanks in advance!!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cmiller83
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I am currently treating myself for a yeast infection and my DD for thrush....She doesn't have any symptoms BUT yeast infections are VERY contagious and BOTH mom and baby need to be treated....

There are a couple of things that I have been doing...I am taking a probiotic and I am treating myself and DD with a product called gentian violet. Apparantly it is the only thing that works for a breast yeast infection. It is VERY cheap and works pretty well. The only downside is that your son will look like he got a hold of a purple marker and sucked on it. To use it you dip a q tip into the gentian violet and let him suck on it so it coats his mouth, then latch him onto you and feed. If he doesn't feed on both sides that feeding swab the other side with a little bit of the violet.

There is also a presciption his ped can give you but i don't know that it works very well.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:09 PM

The BEST thrush remedies are on kellymom.com.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)