Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant, nursing and supply... piog

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok so I'm about 6 weeks now and I think I'm already starting to loose my milk supply. My 18 month old nurses very often during the day and at night and he has been getting very frustrated lately.  A few days ago he was 'milking' my armpit, which hurt alot because he has sharp nails and I would make him stop because it hurt, he would cry, try and nurse again and get frustrated. Finally I put a stop to it because of the frustration and gave him some water because he was really thirsty and that seemed to do the trick. There have been many times where he would nurse and he would get frustrated and it would really take a tole on my breast because I would feel nothing, or hardly anything, was coming out and it hurt! So, what can I do? any suggestions? should I get some mother's milk tea or do any of those things? would it even help?

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, new baby due 9-11-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM

YOU can NOT use mothers milk tea or ANYTHINg containing fenugreek.  Motherlove makes a suppliment that is safe for BFing moms called more milk two I believe..check out their website.  BUT hormones kill supply, they do...I lost most of my milk by 13 weeks but my son continued to nurse.

Offer other drinks more after nursing and just keep on nursing...colostrum comes back around 20 weeks , mine was 18 weeks...

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:49 PM

bump

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, new baby due 9-11-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)