Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another mom in need of advice please..

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

I've been BFing for 9 mons now I'm thinking maybe I slept on my side wrong but my left breast feels like it has a knot in it and its sore (but there are no lumps or anything)  Its especially sore on my nipple and areola.  Anyone have this happen to them before?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LKRA
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Clogged duct, perhaps?

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM

This could be a little plugged duct forming. Try heat, massage, and lots of nursing on that side. Feel better soon, mama! 

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

motherslove82
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM

If your baby has thrush he/she can also pass that to you. It will hurt ALOT. Look in the baby's mouth. If it's covered with white stuff that does not wipe off, the baby probably has thrush and has passed it to you. In that case you will both need medicine.

reelo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Yes, I used to get "clogged" ducts, they weren't infected yet but they hurt and felt like a hot knot.  Heat was my friend, hot pads, showers and baths.  I'd also massage that area to help work the clog out- that worked especially well in the shower or bath with heat.  If it hurt too much to nurse for long, sometimes I'd let him go longer on the one side and just try and pump the other.

BF all three boys and I've never gotten mastitis so it worked for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)