Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: so what did you

Options:

planned on it once i got the positive test

debated about it through my pregnancy

planned on formula but tried bfing and just kept with it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

i have heard many stories about how moms have either planned on using formula and ended up bf or planned from the start.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Personally.... I set my mind on breastfeeding (natural instinct) and stuck with it! 

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Uh...well...put me in the "there's another way to feed a baby?" camp. Formula? Not something anyone in my family used that I saw...*I* got formula only because I was adopted

Sebastian
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I am a very scientific person, and I read all the facts, and knew it was the best (dare I say ONLY) way to go.. but I was completely grossed out by the whole concept.  Still, I decided I must do it. 

Then, my baby refused to latch.. or refused to wake up is more like it, and my first few weeks were a BFing nightmare... so difficult.. and no LC was any help at all... I am just stubborn enough that I took it like a challenge, and refused to give up... got that baby on (with no help except the Internet, and a friend that told me it took her 4 months. to get baby to breast.. figured if she could do it in 4 months, I could go one more day trying!) I sincerely believe God put me through that so I would get over my "squeamishness" about the whole thing and learn to appreciate it.

Thank God my DD2 latched on within minutes fo birth, and nursed great until I weaned around 18 months.  I hope this next one is like her!

Sebastian

katiemomNY
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I knew I would breastfeed before I was even pregnant - there was never any question.  What I didn't know is that I would go from the idea of breastfeeding for the first 6 months to a year, to planning to allow my daughter to self-wean.  

And it is all this group's fault!

blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)