Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting My Breast-Fed Toddler to Sleep Through the Night!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

My little girl is one now, and I still nurse her to sleep, which I really don't have a problem with. Only thing is... She wakes me up five or six times a night to nurse back to sleep and it will take around a half hour to get her back to sleep each time she wakes up. This is nothing new, however I had hoped by now she would grow out of that by now and sleep through the night, but she isn't and she hasn't so now I need some advice. Now that I am no longer a stay at home mom I need my sleep!

I won't do bottles, and I won't do pacifiers (she's just not interested in them). I am hungry for any suggestions you all have for me.

Also good to know: We co-sleep.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Kellymom.com has great info on night weanign. Usually the most effective way to do it is to transition baby to her own bed. Info on that on drjaygordon.com.

lifetimelove
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Then a PERFECT article for you is "changing the sleep pattern in the family bed".  It's specifically for cosleeping breastfeeding parents of infants over the age of one who are ready to night wean, and you can either continue to cosleep or move baby into their own bed.  It's a great article from an AP doctor, Dr. Jay Gordon:

http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

lillys_mommy09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! That article will be a great help to me, but it won't be easy, as is everything worthwhile. It's refreshing to hear a sleep plan that isn's sleep traing or cry it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)