Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colostrum

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

If you are nursing and become pregnant, how long would it usually take for your milk to turn into colostrum or for you to notice it's different?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
piwife
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Quoting BlazzinBebe88:

If you are nursing and become pregnant, how long would it usually take for your milk to turn into colostrum or for you to notice it's different?

it doesnt. the taste change but am sure it doenst go back to colostrum

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, co-sleeping, photography lover kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM

It goes back to colostrum right before having the new baby, but I cannot give you an eact time frame. Some people produce the colostrum for months before birth, others not until immediately prior.

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

marynash88
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I havent been nursing for about a month now (I have a 19 month old) . I can tell it is changing. I can still extract milk but instead of it squirting out, It is extremely thick and sticky. It has also started changing to the golden color. Every body produces differently but my body is already changing it :)

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Generally, the mature milk of a breastfeeding mother who is pregnant begins changing to colostrum around month four of pregnancy. It will continue the transition between mature milk to early milk in the following months. 

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)