Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urinate more after weaning? May be TMI

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

Ok, so my daughter is 14 months and has recently weaned. I have noticed that I am going to the bathroom to pee a lot more than normal. I wake up in the middle of the night to pee which is not normal as well. My husband and I have been using condoms and I have been trying to avoid having sex during ovulation time. Although I know its possible my cycle is off. My 1st indication that I was pregnant with my other children was frequent urination. Uh Oh! So, now I'm wondering. I'm not due for my period for another week, so a pregnancy test wouldn't be accurate yet. I'm just wondering if the possibility that weaning could cause more frequent urination. After all, the amounf of water I drink hasn't really changed, but my body doesn't 'need' that much water since wearning. Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

The part that has been highlighted, that is most likely your answer!  :o)

Quoting gem01: Ok, so my daughter is 14 months and has recently weaned. I have noticed that I am going to the bathroom to pee a lot more than normal. I wake up in the middle of the night to pee which is not normal as well. My husband and I have been using condoms and I have been trying to avoid having sex during ovulation time. Although I know its possible my cycle is off. My 1st indication that I was pregnant with my other children was frequent urination. Uh Oh! So, now I'm wondering. I'm not due for my period for another week, so a pregnancy test wouldn't be accurate yet. I'm just wondering if the possibility that weaning could cause more frequent urination. After all, the amounf of water I drink hasn't really changed, but my body doesn't 'need' that much water since wearning. Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks!

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)