Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to the group

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • HI

My name is Katheryn. I am 27 years old.  I married my hubby Paul in April 2007 and immediately got pregnant on our honeymoon.I have a 2 year old son named Ashton and I am expecting another child a boy named Carter. I was raised in Virginia Beach and my hubby was raised in Boston we met here in Florida

Lets just say I have been discovering and adjusting my parenting style as I go along. I have always been very avid about breastfeeding. My mother happens to be a lactation consultant at Brandon Regional. So I have always known the benefits of breastfeeding and made it a point to breastfeed my children. I breastfed my son til he was 19 months old and the only reason I stopped was because the hormones of being pregnant again made my nipples so sensitive I physically could not deal with the pain.

I had a emergency c-section with my son. I went through all the labor and contractions up to 7cm and the babies heart rate dropped twice. Causing me to be rushed into the operating room without my hubby might I add. Turns out he had a true knot in his cord. It was so tight the doctor said he had never seen anything like it. Then when I got pregnant again I looked into having a VBAC but there was only one doctor in Tampa willing to do a VBAC and it was too far for me.

I am a conservative christian, I practice most principals of attachment parenting, I breastfeed, co-sleep, use cloth diapers , practice an alternate vaccine schedule, babywear, oragnic food consumer. I naturally was practicing attachment parenting without even knowing there  was a name to it. My son Ashton was colic. Hardest 5 months of my life. I bought a Moby wrap and kept my son close throughout the day.  I started co sleeping when he was a week old which made breastfeeding in the night a breeze. Plus it was difficult for me to get up with the c-section. 

I go by an alternate vaccine schedule. I did extensive research and know that several vaccines have harmful chemicals in them that a baby that young shouldn't be exposed to. As well as the fact that many  vaccines are not neccisary. In 1983 we had 12 vaccines by the age of 5, kids now have 36.

I use AIO cloth diapers. I have recently become an organic eater. We don't eat anything that has been genetically modfied as well as vegetables and fruits that have been sprayed with harmful chemicals.

Everything I do is for my family and I always put them first. I am always up to help others and lend  advice or a helping hand. Well that is just a small part of who I am but it gives you a better idea:)

boy kissing momhttp://www.bellyhood.com/Kaspirilla/

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
vances_mom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Welcome to the group! That's great your mom is an LC. I'm sure you'll have a ton of great advice and info for all of us :)
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Welcome to the group, it is great to have you with us! 

Mia ~  Breastfeeding Moms Group Moderator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)