Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can u tell??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

how can u tell ur milk is rich?

my son is 10 weeks old and for the last week or so will nurse for about 5 min and be full and done and then take a 2 - 3 hr nap and then repeat (he plays in between nursing and naping) so he nurses a total of 6 - 7 times per 24hr, and 5 to 10 per session. and his diapers are good i get like 5 or more full wets with like two of those being poopy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Candi1024
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

You can't. Everyone's milk is perfect for thier baby, and will change over time. As long as diaper counts are OK, and you are feeding on demand, all is good.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quoting luna08:

how can u tell ur milk is rich?

It is. There is no way to "tell" per se....unless you find that baby is LOSING weight while peeing lots.

Breastmilk IS rich,automatically. you cannot make it more so or less so. It just IS. Too many moms worry about this...it's a needless concern. There is NO SUCH THING as milk that's not rich enough.

my son is 10 weeks old and for the last week or so will nurse for about 5 min and be full and done

Good. Normal.

and then take a 2 - 3 hr nap and then repeat (he plays in between nursing and naping) so he nurses a total of 6 - 7 times per 24hr, and 5 to 10 per session. and his diapers are good i get like 5 or more full wets with like two of those being poopy

You're perfect. No worries here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)