• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD gone wrong...antibiotics, would you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay so I went today to get my Paraguard put in.  It did not go well, the doc said it looked like I was about to get my period so I couldn't get it put in, but she tried and it sucked.  Anyways, she gave me a prescription for Keflex as a "just in case", she said she instrumentated my uterus and she didn't want to take the chance of me getting an infection.  I really really really don't want to take something just because especially since i don't want to get thrush.  So what do you think, should I take it and take some probiotics, give DD probiotics too, or not at all? 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Candi1024
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Well, an infection on your cervix sounds painful, so yes, I would take them.

Although you may get thrush, you may not either. I never had a problem, but some people do. (and I almost always have a yeast infection, I thought for sure I would get it but I didn't)

Bmomma2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I am not sure why the OB wants you on antibiotics...maybe she saw sopmething that made her think you were going to get an infection or something....IDK when I had mine put in I didn't need antibiotics...and it sucked only mildly...why don't you clarify your concerns with her...say" hey do I REALLY need this antibiotic?? I am concerned about thrush."  Trust me you think thrush is bad you DON'T want a uterine infection!!!

Be patient , kind, and understanding.  Be the mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)