Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctor's Offices...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

They need to call back in a timely fashion.  I've put in two calls to see if I should bring my son in and still no response.  He has been congested for the last few days but he now is caughing a little and has an icky nose.  He is more congested at night but he gets real crackly when he coughs. He's eating and all but he hasn't had many wet diapers today.  Daycare didn't mark things well today so I don't know if he had many but even at home he maybe has had one.  He did eat 4 oz while I was at work for the four hours and he's eaten twice since I got home so he's hungry but he has a hard time breething while he eats.  I wish they would just call already.  They are open till 9 so he can go in this afternoon I think but I don't want to take him in if they are just gonna say to do what we are already doing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
whitmomoftwo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:16 PM

hope they get back to you soon! :(  let us know how he is!   hope he is back to normal in no time!

nancycsel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I hate waiting for them to call back too.

The office we take our daughters to has a Ready Care Monday-Sunday and you can just walk in with out an appointment. I usually will just do that rather then call and wait and wait for them to call me back.

I hope your little one feels better soon and I hope you get a call soon! 

Heather881029
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I hate that too!  Put some breastmilk up his nose.  Works wonders!

mommawhite08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I know, you don't wanna take them and they get something worse!  I hope they call back soon!

Hottubgodess
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Huggs...momma!  We dont like it when our little people are sick.

Try putting a few drops of breastmilk in his nostrils.  it will help him breathe. 

Medications and Mother's Milk - Group Owner  

Are you tired of BAD Breastfeeding information?  Go to www.llli.org and search the resources for REAL CORRECT info. 

I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam ...... Thank you Popeye!   BEHOLD!  THE POWER OF BREASTMILK!!!   Proud momma of two self weaning, extended breastfed preemie boys!

tayers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Ditto on the breastmilk up his nose.  Put a few drops in, wait a few minutes than suck all the gunk out.  It really does work, I actually did it for myself when I was congested and it worked just as well as a nose mist.  You can also nurse in the bathroom with the shower on or next to a humidifier to help with the congestion.  I have also put some vicks on my upper chest while nursing so that it helps, just dont put it on the baby or where baby can reach on you.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

We finally got in afterbsitting at the doc for 2+ hours and he has an ear infection and his throat is red.  She prescribed amoxacillan.  I hope he's not allergic, I am but don't think my daughter is.  So, maybe he'll get to feeling better and be an even happier baby!

tayers
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM

You can use breastmilk for an ear infection also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)