Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumping at work VENT!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

My LO is 16 weeks old and I have been back at work since 6 weeks. I try to pump at least 3 times during an eight hour period. Someone has to reilive me in order for me to pump. We were short staffed today and I kept calling to be relieved. After five hours of no pump or feeding I was severely engorged, leaking trhough and hurting! I called my superviosr and told her and she said you should wear breast pads so you don't leak! I do wear them, thick cotton ones but you can only take so much! Basically I had to threaten to quit to get to go pump! I don't want this to endanger my milk supply because my lil guy is breast milk only. I also don't want to get a severe inffection or clogged ducts.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM

next time i would tell them that this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I would almost start looking for another job that's a little more supportive! 

Mom2Bria
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I agree with a PP...I would try to see what your state laws for breastfeeding and pumping at work are.....Then tell her the times you need to be relieved...That way she and others have and idea of when they need to let you pump!! I'm sorry that you have to go threw this...Super frustrating....

toddler girlin lovepregnant belly~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Brianna Isabelle

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

You also need to check rules for BREAKS in general...some statres do require a rest break.

kmstockwell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

If she might sympathetic at all you could also explain that engorgement can also lead to mastitis??  That stinks though, good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)