• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathtime blues

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

My four month old truly truly hates baths! What can I do? I always imagined having a little one and having sweet bathtimes before bed to help him sleep and cuddle. But he hates baths he screams and screams. I think he hates being cold. I don't know! Any tips?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM

have you tried bathing with baby?  I wear panties in the tub (more comfortable for me)  then after dh takes baby i finish my bath.  my dd is 10 months and she just started bathing by herself

Kristin216
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Are you in the tub with him? That made a huge difference with my son. He didn't like being in that big tub alone. Once dh or I started taking them with him he loved and still does, though now at 2 can take a bath without one of us, but we still do on occasion. If it is the cold, running the shower on hot for few minutes before to get the bathroom warm and steamy, then take the bath and wraphim all up and dried off before going out into the cold. Not sure if that would hlp, but an idea.

Visit me at The Back Eighty              http://thebackeighty.yolasite.com/             

Nicciisaloser
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Has he always been that way?  My DD usually loves her bath.  Then one day, she just started screaming bloody murder.  Everything was normal, water the same temp, everything.  This lasted about two weeks, then one night I just sang old McDonald and she started loving her baths again.  So maybe it will be a phase? 

If you think it's because it's too cold, maybe invest in a small space heater to put heat up the bathroom ahead of time.  Or run a hot shower for a few minutes ahead of time, that usually heats it up pretty good.

MrsJennWilson
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

if its a cold issue try running the shower really really hot to get the bathroom warm before you fill the tub bring all the clothes in and dress baby in there. Thats what i do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)