Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clogged milk duct or infection?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM
  • 1 Replies

I breastfed my dd for a couple days before deciding that it wasent right for me. I stopped about a week ago and ive noticed the past couple of days that my breasts have been really sore and painful. I felt around and noticed that i have a lump in each breast in the same area but one is a little bit more worse then the other one. I called my doctors today to tell them and he didnt even ask to see me he just called me in a prescription of amox and ibprophen. They are really sore and everywhere i read it just says to nurse but im not nursing anymore. Even when i try to hand express nothing comes out so i think im dried up now. How do I help this infection if im not breastfeeding?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Quoting rileysmomma17:

I breastfed my dd for a couple days before deciding that it wasent right for me. I stopped about a week ago and ive noticed the past couple of days that my breasts have been really sore and painful.

If you stopped suddenly I'd expect that.

I felt around and noticed that i have a lump in each breast in the same area but one is a little bit more worse then the other one. I called my doctors today to tell them and he didnt even ask to see me he just called me in a prescription of amox and ibprophen. They are really sore and everywhere i read it just says to nurse but im not nursing anymore. Even when i try to hand express nothing comes out so i think im dried up now. How do I help this infection if im not breastfeeding?

You need to hand express it or nurse it out. That's the only way to remove the clogs if you have them. Then slowly decrease the pumpings or nursings.Cabbage leaves to relieve engorgement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)