• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: 11 months old ate toothpaste

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 11 month old DD just got ahold of my sons toothpaste and had it in her mouth.  I dont think she got much but am pretty sure she swallowed some  should I call the dr?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
geminishadow79
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM

call poision control, i had to do that once when my then two year old ate toothpaste

 

tayers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

They said to give her something with calcium in it.  She doesnt get milk but they said cheese or yogurt would be fine.  Does breastmilk have calcium?

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Yes. Relax. Unless she stuffed the whole tubeful down her throat, no real issues.

WilliamsMama08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Better to be safe the sorry I would call poison control

1-800-222-1222

Free expert, 24/7/365




WilliamsMama08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I would probably go with a childrens vit or one of THESE

Quoting tayers:

They said to give her something with calcium in it.  She doesnt get milk but they said cheese or yogurt would be fine.  Does breastmilk have calcium?


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)