Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does breastmilk have calcium?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

DD ate some toothpaste so I called poisen control and they said to give her something with calcium.  Does breastmilk have calcium b/c I nursed her after she did it.  She doesnt get milk and she fell asleep while nursing but I could wake her and give her some yogurt or cheese.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Yes, breastmilk has calcium.

Bren07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

yes it does...

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

tayers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

So her nursing should be enough than.  They said the toothpate would cause more acid in the stomach and give her an upset stomach but the calcium would help the acid.  I just really dont want to wake her if I dont have too and she nursed pretty good before falling asleep.  She also nurses usually 3 times through the night so I would think that would be ok.

TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM

That should be fine   :)

Quoting tayers:

So her nursing should be enough than.  They said the toothpate would cause more acid in the stomach and give her an upset stomach but the calcium would help the acid.  I just really dont want to wake her if I dont have too and she nursed pretty good before falling asleep.  She also nurses usually 3 times through the night so I would think that would be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)