Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastmilk donations needed for Haiti Infants

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM
  • 18 Replies

I found this in my inbox this morning.  There are more ways we can help than just sending money.

http://www.givethemroots.com/2010/01/urgent-milk-donations-for-haiti-infants.html

by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM

YES! I'm so excited that this is happening!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I would love to do this, but there are no banks in Missouri, and no drop off sites south of Des Moines, IA.  I really think this is one of the best things that could be done to help, and had been wondering how possible it would be to donate milk for those little babies.

Amy385
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM

id love 2 do it but i dont even make enough for my own son let alone others. i think thats great 4 them!

Bryan 5/29/03, Kevin 4/14/06, Mason 10/6/09

piwife
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

If i was still pumping i would have love to donated, but i dried up like a month ago. am gonna be sending alot of formula, baby cereal and baby food. so hope that also helps

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, co-sleeping, photography lover kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
palexander
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I would love to donate. But the closest bank is like 3 hours away. To bad I couldn't ship it to the bank.  

Daisymae6
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

if you e-mail your nearest milk bank they will usually give you a packing slip and tell you how to get it there to them via fed-ex... you need 200 oz to send in.

'i've printed up my application and i have 63 ounces to go... i hope to be able to get my donation in next week. :)

Daisy

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics  myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 
   11.gif bfing and pregnancy image by myspacekitkat 

SunshneDaydream
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

This is so awesome!  I have bags of milk in my freezer that Logan doesn't really need anymore, but I was so saddened to see how few milk banks there are in this country!  I'm in Richmond, VA and the closest one to me is Raleigh, NC!  That's like 6 hours away I think!  I can't send it that far away can I?  Darn, I really wanted to help!

SpiritedTigress
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Ugh. I just sent 250oz to someone in another state, yesterday. I could have sent it there :(

SpiritedTigress
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Yes you can :D
The dry ice keeps it frozen for a LONG time. I think the 15 pounds we had could keep it frozen for like a week.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

This is so awesome!  I have bags of milk in my freezer that Logan doesn't really need anymore, but I was so saddened to see how few milk banks there are in this country!  I'm in Richmond, VA and the closest one to me is Raleigh, NC!  That's like 6 hours away I think!  I can't send it that far away can I?  Darn, I really wanted to help!

KadenAlansMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I'd love to do this but I'm on Mirena...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN