Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 months and now pain - Help

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

For the past few days when dd nurses it really hurts.  Like a pins and needles kind of pain- like she is literally sucking needles out of my nipple.  I really don't think it is mastitis - had it 3 times and it isn't like that.  Went to the doc this morning and he did a breast exam, and said it didn't seem like any kind of infection - if it doesn't clear up they will do a mammogram, but wow is it painful - any thoughts, ladies? 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lovechild82
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:59 PM

the only thing i can think of is thrush....

youngmommie19
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM

that was what i was going to say too thrush.

isaiahsmommy618
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Lovechild82:

the only thing i can think of is thrush....

That is what I thought, but no white film on baby's mouth and doc said my nipple area should be red, rashy, even flaky if it were - I've never had it - mastitis SEVERAL times, but never thrush so I'm not sure - maybe I need to go back on Monday and see my regular doc. 

IsabelsMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM

i have no explanation but I know that it happened to me too...lasted about 2 weeks and then went away...I even had an ultrasound done on my breast bc it hurt so bad...no other symptoms except excruciating pain...

scusimano
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I had the same thing and then on a chat a couple weeks ago in this group someone mentioned maybe it was a bad latch.  Low and behold since she was breaking in her molars (top and bottom), she just got kinda lazy.  Once I started correcting that, the pain went way.  Check DD latch.  I was getting ready to schedule an appointment with a Breast Specialst to see what they could find.  Good thing I never made that appointment....

We are going throug this again, but I have my own theory as to why I am dealing with it again.  I started cycle about 3 months ago and it was almost exactly to the day last month that we started dealing with this.  I think it might be that I am ovulating so I am more senstive.  Again, just my personal theory. Guess we will see in about 2 weeks.

PoetryRavn
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I get that when I'm ovulating and when my monthly visitor comes to visit.  Do you think that could be a possibility?

isaiahsmommy618
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I haven't paid much attention to the latch lately.  I will check and work on that - I do think she is working on molars so maybe.  Also - I have had cycle for a while now, but never had pain like this - not that it couldn't start now - maybe that is it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)