Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT---Tubes tied?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

How many of you have done this? What, if any, health problems/changes did u experience afterward? I hear from practically every person that your period becomes a river of blood after theyre tied. Is this NOT true for anyone? And the cramping gets worse too, i hear.

Also, can anyone direct me to some good links/sites on this topic. Studies/info etc

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I haven't really cycled yet. But I keep having excruciating pain on my right side. It could my PCOS, but it never hurt in this way before. I have to be careful how I stand and stretch or I double over in pain, literally. I keep wondering if it's surgery related. 

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (17m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

Live in or around PUEBLO,CO? Come join us! http://www.cafemom.com/group/PuebloMommys

2ndchancemommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I had my tubal ligation 11 years ago. The first couple of years I had worse cramps than previously, but it evened out eventually. My periods never changed.

bribren
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I gained alot of weight. My husband jokes that its because I got fixed. He all when you fix a cat they get huge so he thinks that's why after years of being skinny I am  now FAT. LOL I don't know if that is why I gained weight but I will go with it. LOL

ajwkal
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Not sure, I just got mine tied after my c-section. I am curious now if it will make a difference.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Quoting bribren:

I gained alot of weight. My husband jokes that its because I got fixed. He all when you fix a cat they get huge so he thinks that's why after years of being skinny I am  now FAT. LOL I don't know if that is why I gained weight but I will go with it. LOL

So, you mean I don't have to take all the blame. I gained a TON of weight!

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (17m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

Live in or around PUEBLO,CO? Come join us! http://www.cafemom.com/group/PuebloMommys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)