Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this the end? I am kinda sad....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

For nearly a week now Eryn has only been nursing once or twice a day and only for a few minutes. Then today, I sit here feeling like I forgot something and I now realize she went to sleep and didn't nurse not one time today. I guess maybe she is self weaning but I am just not ready!! My heart has sunk.....

crying

Michelle-breastfeeding, co-sleeping, anti-spanking, anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, happily remarried, stay at home mom of 4 girls!
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmjarvis
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM

MY SON SELF WEINNED HIM SELF AT 5 MONTHS OLD AND I AM DEVASTATED I LOVE THAT I GOT TO NURSE HIM. I LOVE TO HAVE THAT CLOSENESS AND KNOW I AM DOING THE BEST THING FOR MY SON. BUT IT LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU MADE IT A YEAR I WISH I MADE IT YR. BUT NEXT TIME I WILL TRY TO GO AS FAR AS POSSIABLE, GOOD LUCK MAMA. DON'T BE SAD BUT I KNOW HOW U FEEL.

Jess_9-22-08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I don't know how old she is, but if she's still only a few months old, I wouldn't give her any other liquids then she wouldn't have a choice but to nurse. Good luck.

expectingmomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

She is 15 months old, almost 16.

Quoting Jess_9-22-08:

I don't know how old she is, but if she's still only a few months old, I wouldn't give her any other liquids then she wouldn't have a choice but to nurse. Good luck.

Michelle-breastfeeding, co-sleeping, anti-spanking, anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, happily remarried, stay at home mom of 4 girls!
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
LittleGirlMom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM

My DD did the same thing at around 15 months.  I was sad too, but also happy she was the one who decided to wean.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do it or when.  In the end it felt so natural.

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Don't count the chickens till she hasn't nursed at all for a week or more...they change it up constantly at this stage. Mine could and did go days at a time without/

WilliamsMama08
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Well you know what that means then right.... it's time for another one!  LOL.... DS weaned himself just shy of 15mo, but I'm also prego and I think that had a lot to do with it, cause I never thought he would stop.

star33
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM

baby in slingi feel ya. it didn't happen 2 me, but i would've been sad if it had. can u tell i have a helper?pregnant bellyskiing

expectingmomof3
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Since she has only been nursing once or twice a day how many days can she "skip" before it effects my supply? She did nurse forever this morning while we were in bed and man did it HURT! But I was so happy she was nursing it didn't matter. But she showed no interest for the rest of the day or at bedtime again tonight.

Quoting gdiamante:

Don't count the chickens till she hasn't nursed at all for a week or more...they change it up constantly at this stage. Mine could and did go days at a time without/

expectingmomof3
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM

We want another, just not quite yet. Although my first two are a year apart and I loved it...I am not that young anymore. I also think I am more...appreciative of the early years now then I was before. I guess seeing my babies turn 10 and 11 has something to do with that! So I think maybe this time next year we will TTC.

Quoting WilliamsMama08:

Well you know what that means then right.... it's time for another one!  LOL.... DS weaned himself just shy of 15mo, but I'm also prego and I think that had a lot to do with it, cause I never thought he would stop.

Daynaof3
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Have you been using birth control? If not you may want to test for pregnancy.

Your supply will adjust to the demand(or lack thereof), she may nurse more and longer if she decides she isn't ready to stop. My girls had phases were they would nurse less and then nurse more. It could have something to do with teething if she hasn't already gotten her 1 year molars too.

Quoting expectingmomof3:

Since she has only been nursing once or twice a day how many days can she "skip" before it effects my supply? She did nurse forever this morning while we were in bed and man did it HURT! But I was so happy she was nursing it didn't matter. But she showed no interest for the rest of the day or at bedtime again tonight.

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)