Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sore breast

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

I breast feed and am just starting to pump so I can get a stash ready for when I go back to work. Well today after I fed Trent, my right boob was really sore underneath. I pumped thinking he hadn't drained it all the way...but I only got an ounce so I guess he did. And that was 6 hours ago, and it still hurts. I don't feel a lump, and I'm not running a fever so I wasn't sure if it's an infection or just regular BF pain. Trent's 6 weeks, so it's not that I still need to get used to it..any advice? If it still hurts Monday I'll probably call my doc, but I hate to over react, ya know? 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
callie06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I'm sorry I can't help so here's a bump.  Your son is so cute.  Good luck.

Bren07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

mine do that occasionally..im not sure wuts up when it does so im no help..sorry..

happymum2010
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:09 AM

for the first 6 weeks, i too had felt pain erratically on my breasts. some of the reasons why i think it was happening was either a bad nursing position where my daughter was pulling my breast a little while suckling and also i was hunching my back slightly which changed by putting a pillow under her head. make sure ur holding his head and bringing his head to ur breast and not ur breast to his mouth. as the baby gets older and can hold his head better the nursing discomfort will go. once i think i slept the wrong way wearing the wrong bra the pain lasted for 2 days. i think some of the bras i was using werent that great i guess. make sure ur wearing comfortable front opening clothes until u settle into the nursing better.

my daughter is just short of 8 weeks and im totally settled with the nursing so dont worry just hold in there and be positive.

all the best.. ur son is too cute.

tashntim
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I use a boppy to support him, but sometimes-mainly at night when I'm super tired- I do hunch over while feeding him. And sometimes he'll thrash his head back while my nipple is in his mouth, so hopefully it's just a sore spot and nothing major! One nurse really freaked me out when we were being discharged from the hospital after having him, by telling me if I had an infection and didn't notice it soon enough, they would have to cut out part of my breast! So I guess I'd rather be really safe than really sorry.

Photobucket

tashntim
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:24 AM

oh, and thanks y'all..I think he's pretty cute myself ;D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)