Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing In Public/Breastfeeding, Comebacks :)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do we have a post like this already? I couldnt find one.
SBarbaresi I hope you dont mind but your post about the horrible NIP experience you had just inspired me(let me know and Ill take your name off this post if you want, pm me :) ..Especially when another mother said they wouldnt know what to say to someone who came up and harassed you about NIP. I think I would be dumbfounded too..I think we could all use some comeback lines to throw back lol
So ladies what do you say to someone who comes up to harass you about nursing in public?

PROMPTS~

*"Excuse me, dont you think it would be more comfortable for others if you did that in the bathroom or somewhere private!?"
*"I just dont think its appropriate that my 5yr old son sees a woman's breast!"

COMEBACKS~
*      "If my breastfeeding in public offends you, feel free to put a blanket over your head" or
*      "You dont eat in the bathroom, why should my baby?"

...Wow..thats all I can think of at the moment..Im pathetic lol Lets add some prompts and what we would say back and/or share an inspirational NIP experience or how you handled a bad one.....

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mombloggerJ
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM

"No, I think YOU'D be more comfortable in the bathroom or a more private place.  I'm fine here." (I wouldn't really say that, but it's funny-lol)

"I'm just feeding my baby, ma'am.  If you're worried about what your little boy thinks of a woman breastfeeding, maybe you could teach him not to stare at others."

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Heres a bump. I don't have anything but I think this could be cute!

mlyn23
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM

PROMPT - "should you hide your baby when your doing that?"

"You dont hide when u eat. Why should my baby?"

Prompt - " shouldnt you go to the bathroom or something to do that?"

"you want my baby to eat in the bathroom? You first!"

other reply's

"if you dont want to watch me feed my child feel free to stop staring"

"Yes, mama, you may borrow a blanket to put over your own head" - and yes i have said this lol

Tanya12
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Good morning ladies, BUMP :)

vances_mom
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM
I've had to say "no thanks, I'm comfortable right here" when the lady at WIC asked me to go to the "Breastfeeding Room". I read on a post here "If God wanted me to stop breastfeeding, He'd make my breasts stop producing milk" in regards to extended BFing :) LOVE that line!!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM

-Don't you think its immodest to BF in front of everyone?

reply:No I think its doing what our body is made to do naturally, theres no shame to it.

Mamagirlz
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Wow someone at WIC said that?  They are suppose to be promoting breastfeeding.  At the WIC in my town they have signs every where saying feel free to breastfeed.  They don't have a special room to do that in.

Quoting vances_mom:

I've had to say "no thanks, I'm comfortable right here" when the lady at WIC asked me to go to the "Breastfeeding Room". I read on a post here "If God wanted me to stop breastfeeding, He'd make my breasts stop producing milk" in regards to extended BFing :) LOVE that line!!!

crystalearl
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM

My husband told me one day that while I was in the bathroom changing the baby I should feed him in there. I told him No but that he could go eat in the bathroom if he wanted to.

Mommy31707
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I dont know have any I am sorry, but I would not be so nice. SO my response to anything of that nature would be turn red, get all hot, and then start cursing. LOL  Ya I just pictured myself...My husband would be coaching me to calm down before I had a chance to lash out. So ya I would tell them to kiss my you know what and shove it you know where and so much more. Grrr....banging head into wall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)