Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this? Any ideas? Pictures

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 7 month old has a rash under his chin. He's had a tiny bit of thrush in his mouth and i was wondering if this was a rash from the thrush? He's also teething, is it just from his saliva? My oldest got rashes when teething but nothing that looked this bad. We haven't switched detergents? He's not fussing about it much but it got a lot worse since yesterday. I wasn't sure what to put on it because i'm not sure what the culprit is. The dr's aren't open on weekends (ugh). Any ideas?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anunderwood
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM

bump

I don't know but here is a bump.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM

It kind of looks like thrush...

luna08
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

could be heat rash or if he drools alot that can cause it. 

LorisChar
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM

our middle son had a rash like that on his cheeks and chin when he was about 6 mnths old. I took him to the pedi and found out it was eczema. They put him on a prescritption cream that cleared it up in about a week.

abelsmama07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:44 PM

looks like eczema, and definitely will be caused by the teething if he's drooling...aquaphor will help tremendously. 

mombloggerJ
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Just looks like eczema to me, too (extra chafing b/c of drool).  Aquaphor, Eucerin, or even just Vasoline will help. 

missbritt22
by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:17 AM

My DS had the same thing for the first 8-9 months of his life, poor thing! Its eczema and it sucks and theres not much you can do about it. You and use Cortaid and neosporin but they dont work right away, just takes some of the itch away. My Ds would claw at it and irritate it so I had to keep bibs on him all the time. DS had it more on his chest right under his neck.

Arisce
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Looks like eczema to me. 

jenni_michelle
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thanks ladies! Fortunately he's not touching it, but it's definitely got worse. I will try putting some lanolin on it. = )

MommaMelissa23
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM

That definitely looks like yeast.  I would try miconozole.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)