Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should my babies poop look like?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

My babies poop started changing drastically in the past few days! Its now looking more like a little turd...lol...sorry but thats what it looks like...it has been like filling up her diaper and coming out the sides but now its not. When it was doing that she was only pooping once a day but it was a big one...now she might have 3 little poops... SMELLY BAD ONES...lol. SHe is 5 1/2 months old and eats not even a whole solid meal... just a few bites here and there. She is breast fed.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
angelove8
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM
All poops are normal and yes breastfeeding poops do tend to leak out the diapers. The only poop you gotta worry about is red, white, or black poop. Other than that it's all normal.
jessmered
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:54 PM

when my DD started solids, that is what happened. it is just the way the poops change. If she is straining or seems uncomfortable ask your pedi about constipation, but other wise, she is getting the "big girl" poops!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM

ANY amount of solids will throw things off...what kind of solids is it?  cereals?

cpuckett27
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Its just a couple bites of pureed veggies or fruits. I did just give her this organic food I found that was peas and brown rice. She LOVED it...so ate a little more than usual. She doesn't seem uncomfortable and is actually less gassy than she had been for a while. So poops just change as the diet changes and the big girl poops is how its gonna be now? Lololol...sorry...never thought I'd be one to talk about poop. Love being a mom ;)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM

YEP as they start solids the poop becomes more of a solids big kid poop.  There still will be days of runniness, especially during teething or with new things, but any grains(rice) will make it more solids too.

Make sure to get a full feeding in before any solids and baby will be fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)