Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEEPLY DEPRESSED plz help

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been bf-ing for 17 months now and even though i bf my ds i lost weight but for some reason i cant lose weight at all and i know that i would if i stopped bf-ing but i dont plan to till oct. unless dd weans herself. My problem is the bad depression im having over my weight and i dont know how to resist eating sometimes and of course emotional eating is mostly the only kind of eating im doing any help/ words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM

i would take a closer look at whats going in your body---are you eating differently now than u did w/ your son? that could have something to do with it? i know how u feel--everytime i look in the mirror lately, im like uugghh, how am i going to get out of this mountain?? lol just try to keep it positive...and keep moving!! dont sit still--tht will help burn extra cals. good luck, and if u still feel depressed, please see ur doc!!

ready_for2
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:49 PM

im sorry you are feeling down... but you are doing so great to continue to do whats best for your daughter!! way to go!!!

until then, maybe you could change WHAT you eat...i dont know what your emotional foods are, but when you are really wanting something eat some fresh fruits or something like that (instead of being like me and going straight for the ice cream LOL)

also cutting out beverages can help A LOT. if you just starting drinking water only... that is a lot of cutting back right there.

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I can't really give any great advice, because we're passengers on the same boat. I mean my muffin top is hanging out of my jeans right now as I type, so I feel your pain!!!

KCarroll08
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I have some issues my body in general.  I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but not my pre-pregnancy shape. It really can be hard to feel good about yourself after baby.  Since the weather is improving I have been able to start taking walks so maybe that will help. I have a feeling things will never be quite the same, though. I think that women judge themselves too harshly and I bet 90% f the time others don't even notice the things we perceive as flaws.

Daynaof3
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I know exactly how you feel. It bothers me that I am so much heavier right now than I ever was before, but this time I spend breastfeeding is really so short when looking at the whole of things that it doesn't bother me that I will not lose anything until my girls have weaned. Look at the pros and avoid thinking about the cons. That's how I deal. =)

roxyg2008
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:48 AM

well im sorry you are depressed about your weight. i am really happy to hear you plan to bf until october though. i think you should pat yourself on the back for that. i only bf dd for 11 months and ds quit on me after 6 months. so i think its awsome. i wish some of the mothers i know had the strength you do. just know i think of you as like a super mom!! lol (i know it sounds corny) but what your doing is the best thing you can do as a mom. so be proud.you rock

cmiller83
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:22 AM

IMO it's probably not the breastfeeding.....

I am totally in the same boat with you right now...I look in the mirror and really kinda hate what I see. I know that is a strong word but it is what it is. Evaluate your activity level, what kind of foods your eatting, and how much of them you're eatting. Make the neccesary changes and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Hang in there and know you are not alone.

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Sometimes taking action is the best anti-depressant...Weight Watchers has a great plan for nursing moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)