Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I take this??

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM
  • 2 Replies

I ordered these multivitamins that Im now wondering if i can take, there nsi 1 a days they contain all the regular things( vitamin A, B, D, E) ect. but it also has a few other ingredients like Co enzyme q10 100mg, resveratrol, green tea, lipolic acid, lutein. Are these ingredients safe? My dd is 27months so shes not ebf.  thanks

by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WilliamsMama08
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Yep

Gruntlings
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

the only thing I could see an issue with would be this: "

Aside from these benefits, resveratrol has also been found to be a good anti-aging agent. It prevents our cells from deteriorating. It gives our cells enough strength to fight off damage and enough power to repair themselves. Aside from it anti-aging properties, resveratrol also helps you lose weight. Despite increased calorie intake, you will not gain gain if you take resveratrol.

The last two benefits is probably the reasons why it is not advisable to take resveratrol supplements while pregnant, nursing, or breastfeeding. Resveratrol seems to have anti-growth properties. These may have an adverse effect on your baby if you take the supplements. If you have doubts, it is wise to consult your medical service provider first.'

I don't know about the other items on the list. How many times per day does your LO breastfeed? She's over the two year point so I wouldn't be TOO concerned unless breast milk is a major component of her diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)