Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello New here

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello my name is Francesca.  I am the wife of a Navy man and mom to Madison 12 1/2, Ashley 10 and Izabelle 7 weeks.  It has been a while since I had a little one and BF just seems so much harder this time...Izabelle was a preemie and she still seems to be nursing around the clock and still having some difficulty latching.  My nipples are so sore...I have seen a lactation nurse and it helped a little.  She is still small and the nurse said once her mouth gets a little bigger it will be easier...I also feel like I should be producing more milk...I BF my older two for 18 months and would like to BF Izabelle at least that long... So any advice or support you could offer would be great.  Thank you...

Francesca

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Hi and welcome! I also breastfed preemies (my twins were born at 34w2d). I also nursed a full term singleton. Breastfeeding preemies was definitely different and challenging. Have you tried skin to skin? That really helped one of my boys to latch. When was her original due date? 

The best way to know if she's getting enough is to count diapers. As long as she's getting 6-8 diapers, your supply is fine! 

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

LANSINOH for the soreness.

Your supply is PERFECT if you change 6-8 dipes daily. No need to do a thing if you're changing that many but to relax.

loribbi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the group.

Daynaof3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Welcome to the group! My best bit of advice to you would be to take things day by day. Preemies are a different story than full term babies and every breastfeeding experience is different. Keep working on things and they will get better. Hang in there you are doing a great thing for your preemie little one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)