Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in pain- what else can I do?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

My boys sleep through the night so I have no problem going w/o feeding at night.  Last night I woke about 3 and my right breast was so painful, hard underneath, and felt really full and engorged.  So I got up and pumped, hoping that would relieve the pain.  Woke again at 4:30 still in pain and hard so I woke one of the twins and fed him.  They woke at 6 to eat so I fed them and then took a warm bath after, massaging my breast.  It's not feeling any better- I'm assuming there a few blocked ducts in there as it's the whole under part of my breast.  Any other suggestions of things I can do to help?  Will pumping after feeding help?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mama02040608
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:28 AM

YEs, just keep emptying the breast as much as possible, massaging as you go.  It's likely a plugged duct, but you don't want it to turn into more.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Nurse nurse nurse, pump pump pump, warm compresses and massage in circle towards the nipple.

I had my hubby help me remove my clog, sounds funny but hes stronger than the baby or the pump lol.  I felt bruised for a few days fromw orking so hard to get it out but it was out.

mimi0884
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Thank you!  I'm feeling a bit better so hopefully I caught it early.  One of my twins doesn't seem to want to nurse for very long any more- could this have contributed?  I try to remember to switch them around but he may have been on that side for 2 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)