Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

munchkin slings?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

i know most of u recommend the moby wrap, which i would like to get, but i'm wondering if anyone has used the munchkin slings? if so, what do u think of them? it is more easily accessible for me to buy, but i want a good one b/c i plan on using it alot. thanx.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LeanneC
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I have never tried the munchkin sling, but I have a hotsling and I actually make pouch slings and they're pretty simple... I would guess it'd be hard to screw up the design, so the brand shouldn't matter too much. 

The one thing that may suffer for a cheaper sling is the quality of fabric.   So, one thing to think about.

You can find reasonably priced pouch slings handmade on etsy.com... I always support the little guy over the big guy!  :)

And I prefer my pouch to a wrap.  Wraps are just too much for me... too much fabric, too much tying, especially with tiny babies.  I really enjoyed my wrap with my older son when he was 2+, but not at all with my newborn... I may have to try and drag it out again now that my baby is older though... hmmm...

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I'm not  sure I have seen those. I'll lok it up/

ETA: Which Munchkin sling are y wanting to get? The  jelly bean cargo sling looks exactly like the infantino that was recalled & I would NOT reccommend  it. The other ones are pouch slings & I can't reccommend them or not because I've never used one. If you want a wrap you can make your own without any sewing cheaper. (get 5-6 yards of jersy cotton that is at least 30 inches wide. If it's wider cut it to 30 inches & there you go, jsut google how to tie a wrap)

SoniaL
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I mad one JUST like this and LOVED it. I had a New Native sling and i love my homemade wrap so much more. And no sewing was perfect for me. I stopped using it when she got too heavy since it was all stretchy and she would sink so low. But then i just bought a WAHM Mei Tai of of etsy and i love it too. I would have like it for when she was smaller as well. 2 great, inexpensive options.  I got my fabric at walmart for $10 and that made 2 wraps. And my mei tai was $30.

Quoting mamabens:

I'm not  sure I have seen those. I'll lok it up/

ETA: Which Munchkin sling are y wanting to get? The  jelly bean cargo sling looks exactly like the infantino that was recalled & I would NOT reccommend  it. The other ones are pouch slings & I can't reccommend them or not because I've never used one. If you want a wrap you can make your own without any sewing cheaper. (get 5-6 yards of jersy cotton that is at least 30 inches wide. If it's wider cut it to 30 inches & there you go, jsut google how to tie a wrap)

deeyore486
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I love mine. You do have to be careful as to how you put baby in, so that they stay safe. Its easier when baby is older...right now, I can do the hip carry and its wonderful!

star33
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM

i think it's the jellybean. i would not buy any that looks like the recalled ones.i found that target has mobys for $40 on the internet. i have a coupon so i think i'll go that route. i just like to get my stuff right away ya know?i may look into doing it myself too.thanx for the help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)