Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no eggs??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Can I give my 9 month old eggs???

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lifetimelove
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Typically scrambled egg yolks are okay.  You probably want to avoid the whites because they're a more allergenic food.  We didn't have any food allergy history, so I gave my 10 month old eggs, but that's a personal preference.  I'm not a food allergy risk avoider type person.  The only thing I ever had off limits for baby was honey and processed foods.

jeng1980
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM

The doctors just tell you that because allergies to eggs are more common in young children.  You don't ever want to go through an allergic reaction where your child cannot breathe.  It's really scary.  A rash is scary enough but when your child can't breathe is a whole new level of scary.  I've never avoided things like peanut butter or eggs after 6 months.

owensmommy1122
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I waited until my son was a year before giving eggs. We have no history of allergies but I always read conflicting information about giving eggs so I just elected to wait.

TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM

I waited until after 1 yr for both my kids - - we have no history of any food allergies in my family, and I know I could have probably given just the yolks and been safe, but it was one less thing to worry about.

EKN
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM

I haven't give my son whites yet (11months).  He has had yolks though.  He refuses to eat any kind of meat in any form so I am thinking about trying scrambled eggs soon.  I'm a little concerned that he isn't getting enough protein, but I'm still BFing so I'm not extremely worried at this point.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM

We are holding off on any allergen foods(strawberries, pb, eggs, nuts, etc) until after 2 because our older 2 have had food allergies under 5. For some reason they  always outgrow them by 5 or 6 though. If your other kids or you or dh have food allergies I would wait until closer to 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)