Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im not a lucky one :(

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

they SAY breast feeding stops/keeps you from bleeding/having a period..................hmmmm well NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My post partum bleeding lasted 6 weeks had my first period during that and now Im 6 weeks 4 days poestpartum and I think Im starting another period (2 1/2 weeks from my last period)??? started having dark red bleeding again today, sooooooooooooo RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my lucks always been shitty i should have known.atleast bfing is helpin me loose weight.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeng1980
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM

All women have different experiences.  I had 6 weeks of postpartum bleeding with all three of mine.  First was BF with supplementatin with formula.  Last two were EBF.  It's nice to think that you'd get away with that but sometimes it just doesn't happen. 

That's great that it's helping you lose weight though.

Jennifer Gooden-Mom to 3 beautiful children

millerjess
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I'm sorry. hugs. but at least you're lucky in that bf is helping you lose weight! not for me :( I'd rather lose weight than not have a period LOL. BIg Hugs tho!

teachermama81
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:45 PM

eh, mine came back at 8 weeks.

do you supplement at all?  that could be why, but I don't and it still came back that early.

JennaFoix
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

ditto. I gained 11 pounds during pregnancy and Ive lost 24 pounds so far, Its great!!!!

Quoting millerjess:

I'm sorry. hugs. but at least you're lucky in that bf is helping you lose weight! not for me :( I'd rather lose weight than not have a period LOL. BIg Hugs tho!

Haylee1113
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Im with you. I am STILL bleeding at 6 weeks 3 days pp. Thats after my doctor pulled several blood clots out after my delievery and losing 3 pints of blood with my 4th degree tear.

kittymeri
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

not me either! bled 4 days post pardum (bled a LOT after placenta delivered) then shortly after back to monthly periods :(

Heather881029
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 6:50 AM

It is different with each baby I think.  I had 8 full weeks of PP bleeding with my first and had regular periods again when she was just 3 months old.  With my second I had 2 weeks of PP bleeding and no periods til he was about 15 months old.  With my 3rd, I had 3 weeks PP bleeding and my period had not returned when I got pregnant again.  My twins were born 6 months ago and I still don't have my period but I did have 5 weeks of PP bleeding.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Whoever keeps telling people bfing stops you from having a period needs to be smacked. Every woman is different. I got my first period at 4 months pp. Are you sure it was your period you had? I had pp bleeding off & on for 6 weeks. It woudl stop for a day or so & then come back for a week.  That same person seems to be telling people you can't get pregnant while bfing too, it's not true!  Sorry you're dealing with it but  you're not alone.

ren109
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I wasn't a lucky one either. I got mine right away and it's been completely irregular since. Get them twice a month usually, but sometimes its really late. It's frustrating.

Mom2JoshNXavier
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM

With my first son, I bled for 2 weeks Post partum, then I got my period back when he was 3 months old. (he was a supplimented baby) with Xavier, I bled for 3 weeks, and I have yet to get my period back. He's 4 months and 2 weeks old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)