Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 MONTHS!! and weight question..

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

YAY!! DS has been BF for 10months now! ugh i cna't believe it! i'm just so happy, and thought i would share it with other bf moms, since, as sad as this is to say, i don't know any bf moms :(

anyways, i also have a question, we introduced ds to solids at six months, but there are still days where he doesn't get any solids, he jsut doesn't seem interested, and even when he does he sometimes eats a 4oz jar, sometimes only half...he went to the doc for a bloddy nose (we live in alaska, the weather is so dry) and hes only 18.2pounds and 29 1/2 inches, when i had him weighed in jan he was 18pounds,,,,so no weight gain in 2months?!! he used to gain 1pound a month, hes also walking too...he started in the beginning of march! yay , he also has 6 teeth, they come in so fast so i idk if thats a problem too?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chairhead28
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I personally think that is fine. My daughter is almost 19 months, still breastfeeding and is only 20ish pounds.

If he is meeting milestones, being content, wetting at least 6-8 diapers a day, he's fine.

lifetimelove
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Once they start walking, they tend to not gain much weight - using more calories, often not nursing as much.  It's okay.  =)

Chrissy5281983
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I agree, your babe is doing fine. Once they get mobile they slim down and don't tend to put on a lot of weight. He'll start getting heavier soon. I wouldn't worry about the teeth either. Here is a teeth link for you. It eased my fears. Hope it helps http://www.health.com/health/static/hw/media/medical/hw/nr551869.jpg

katiemomNY
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Yep, the other posters are right on target.  As they become more active, their weight gain slows down.  He sounds like he's doing great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)