Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe biter, please help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am extremely sore from a huge gash underneath my nipple as well as one on the side of the same nipple.  I love nursing my 15 month old son (who has a mouth full of teeth!), but for the past few days I have dreaded every time he is ready for "nah-nahs."  I need to know if this has happened to anyone else, and if so what did you do to treat it?  How did you bear with the pain while nursing?  I do not want to pump, fearing the gashes will get bigger.  I am starting to become engorged as well.

All tips and advice are welcome. 

P.S.- the side that is torn is the side he prefers.

Miserable Mommy

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kittymeri
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

youve probably been told this already, but with my previous children, when they would bite i would break suction, and proptly pull them away from the breast to an upright position in front of me and say firmly, No Bite! ... this, of course, made them cry, but they quickly understood and learned to associate biting with the abrupt and unpleasent end of a meal.

Crafty421
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Well, ya can't let him nurse from the side that is all tore up then!!!  I was getting sore on one side a few weeks ago and just continued to bare through it....after about a week it was over with.

::shrugs::

That's a toughie.......sorry!!!

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

MANY moms deal with this. TO the extent that we have a post devoted to just this subject. Search this group for the title "When Babies Attack!" Strategies to stop biting or other bad behavior are there.

Breastmilk on the gash...it's a GREAT healer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)