Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

supplies

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

okay so i'm 33weeks pregnant with my secound child. I did breastfeed my first but only for a month and i still gave her formula. Well with this one i plan on exclusivly breastfeeding no formula or nuthing. I'm a single mom so i have to work full time so im gonna need to freeze milk and stuff so my mother could feed the baby while im at work. So my question is Can yall please help me with the supplies im gonna need by telling me what i would need?  i want to be set before the baby comes thanks

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
katbeeny
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM

pump, milk storage bags, nipple cream,

my baby liked the nuk sippy bottle/cup vs regular bottle at age 3 months.  So maybe a varity of bottles to see which one baby likes.

ajwkal
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM

A good pump

bags to freeze milk in

breast pads

nipple cream

Congrats and good luck with breastfeeding it is wonderful.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
tabetha_w
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

i've seen those little freezerpacks where you pour the breastmilk into it the little cubes and then they are 1 oz each (ice cube trays). have yall ever tried any of those?

tabetha_w
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM

breastfeeding

Megan6432
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I know alot of moms that prefer the freezer packs you are talking about and prefer those to the bags plus its going to save you money ( not buying bags all the time) A good pump, If you are able to get WIC alot of them will give you a great pump (I got a medela double elecetric) if you are returning to work or school, so that can save you money also. Breast pads either disposable or reusable I have used both and prefer disposable. As far as bottles go I would only buy 1 or 2 different ones, not a whole bunch of the same kind until you figure out what kind baby will take best. We use playtex drop ins! boppy pillows are nice when you are home. I think the biggest thing for when you go back to work is to nurse when you are with baby and pump when not! HTH

Megan

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Those freezer packs are a great idea. So are plain old ice trays.

tabetha_w
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM

thank you so much. yes i will be getting a breast pump from wic and my friend also said she was gonna give me hers she couldn't use it  so

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)