Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Mom give me that milk

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

My dd signed milk for the first time. It made me cry it was so cute. I was nursing her and I took her off and I guess she wasn't ready to be taken off and she signed it. I'm so proud I've only been showing her milk for a month and it's the 1st sign she has ever made. Any of you moms also using sign language?

Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do.  - Bill MaherCafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM

yeah!!!

laura8290
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Yes we are.  I love it.  It was a great feeling to have her sign milk.  We have also taught our dd more.  So now she can say more milk.  My dd is 13 months now and knows milk, more all done, eat, mommy, dadddy, water.  We are still working on more signsbig smile mini.. Good luck.  and yeah for you.

MotherofIreland
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM

That is awesome!!  I used just a few signs with DD.  She started to use them at about a year.  She would use "more", "please" and "thank you".  Daycare reinforced the signs also.  I tried getting her to sign milk but it never really took.

TikkiNippets
by Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

My 3 yr old daughter signs but she no longer nurses I stopped breastfeeding her at 9 months which was before I started teaching her to sign. I am hoping to breastfeed to a yr maybe longer with my 2nd daughter anyways Congrats that is awesome!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM

We did the sign for milk and more...we tried others and he never did them but those 2 he did.

babycakes041903
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Both of my dds did/do sign milk when they're hungry. I love it everytime. It makes me feel so important:)

jeng1980
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM

That's great.  I worked with DS before a year to do more, milk, and Thank you.  He still does thank you.  He is now 19 months old.

It's such a nice thing to know you have taught your kiddo their first words through sign.

Gruntlings
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 9:27 PM

So sweet! :) 

I tried sign language with my son. I'm deaf and know quite a bit of sign even though English is my primary language, so it was sort of a natural thing for me. He ignored it until he was 18 months and learned some signs and some spoken words at the same time. :p Go figure. 

SillyRooster
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM

My son used to sign "milk" when he was upset and wanted to nurse as a toddler.  He's no longer nursing or signing "milk", but his preschool teaches a couple of signs per letter of the alphabet as part of their curriculum. 

MDT09
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM

What is the sign? Can u explain it, or post a picture?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN