Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 month old, had 1st period last month..Question

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 11 Replies

I had my first menstrual cycle last month since nursing. My question is are they going to start back regular or irregular..?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherslove82
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

My daughter is 13 months old and I just had my first period last month, too. With all the others they were normal once they started back. We'll see this time. Every person and every time is different.

TeganLove
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I started my period back when my daughter was 6 months old. I thought it wouldnt come back till later but everyone is different I suppose! My first one was this January and each one has been like clockwork..... 28 days apart and lasting 7 days. The only difference is that the flow is really really light. My periods have always been really light but these are even lighter. sorry if too much info and hope this helps any.

gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Varies for every woman. Mine were regular for the first time in my life. All cycle variations are normal.

scusimano
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Once I got my cycle back, it was regular (I have had like 4 now).  Just like gdiamante posted, I was very irregular and that has since changed.  I am so in tune that I can now tell when I am ovulating - mostly because my nipples kills me during the week around/during ovulation.  It last about 5 days and then is gone.  Don't you know, 2 weeks later AF is visiting.

riotgrrl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Some women are very regular as soon as their cycles resume, but not so for others. My midwife said it is normal for your period to be irregular for up to a year after it comes back. Mine is usually irregular for about 6 months or so.

Kestrel1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

DD is 13mo and I've had a grand total of 2.  One real one a few months ago and a mini bloat/1day breakthrough spotting a few weeks back.  Not preggo or even a possibility (hubbs works out of state... so ummm yeah.  Nada in the lovin department)

Zhi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I got my period back when my son was 3 months old and they came back more regular then they were pre-baby.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Different for everyone, you'll have to wait and see.

Linsala
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I got mine back at 12 months and they were irregular until I got pregnant 5 months later.

ajzuell
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I got mine back when my son was 14months old.   So far they are regular every 33-34 day cycle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)