Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a little help

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

Stella is 5 months, and for the past week she has been waking up at night every 30 mins- 2 hours to suck in the middle of the night. I know shes really not eating because shes hungry as she nursing a lot still during the day.

I have no idea what to do, at this point. And I would like my sleep back..

I did start giving her some rice cereal a few days ago thinking it might help. It didn't...But she loved it and wanted more..( I nursed her to start with too).

She has been having 7+ wet/soild diapers a day.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM

It's a phase. Go with it. It will pass. And do get used to broken sleep...that's a permanent feature of motherhood. In fact...of adulthood. It's always SOMEHTING.I think that's why teenagers sleep so much!

babylove0915
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

My LO is 7 months old and we went through this right at about 5 months and slowly it is getting better. Now we are back to waking up around 1:00 and then around 5:00 and I'm hoping we will continue to stretch those two feedings and go back to once a night like she used to do.

In my situtation, my LO was getting over being sick, a little bit of teething, separation anxiety...so she had a lot going on. I just continued to allow her to nurse everytime she woke up bc I refused to do CIO and like I said we have moved past it now.

Good luck mama! Sorry I didn't have a cure all answer other than just hang in there, it shall pass :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)