Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More Milk Plus

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I was having problems with my milk supply, so I ordered more milk plus. Let me tell ya, if you ahve never taken it, it is the grossest thing Ih ave ever tasted! I took it 3 times and I just cna't do it anymore! I added fenugreek too, and thats helping and I do have my supply up, not back to what it was, but its up again and she only needs one formula bottle a day and the formula bottle before bed (which I have always done). I just can't see how people actually take it 3 times a day. I wish I could take it, but I just can't stomach it! It tastes like the strongest whiskey in the world that has gone bad. The last time I took it, it took my breath away and i couldn't breathe. It always gave me goosebumps and made me gag. I just wish it wasn't so bad. I had to take 1/2 tsp 3X's a day. Anyone else use this? I would be able to do it if you could put it in a drink or something, but you aren't supposed to drink 15 min before or after you take it. I had to take a little drink after when I did take it. Don't know how you can't!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Have you not got the PILLS?? I seriously couldn't take take the liquid without a chaser of some kind but the pills were easy and simple

jorjaaubri
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I take the more milk plus special blend and it came in liquid cap form.  I don't taste a thing.

mandaleigha
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I take these as well

Quoting jorjaaubri:

I take the more milk plus special blend and it came in liquid cap form.  I don't taste a thing.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Gailll
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I haven't read about your supply issues. Giving bottles of formula can cause decreased milk supply. You don't need to take unproven drugs to try to increase your supply.

If you are breastfeeding, feeding the baby on one breast and using an electric pump on the other breast can provide extra stimulation that increases your supply in a day or two.

If you are pumping and bottle feeding there are easy things you can do.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:50 PM

lol thats how I felt about brewers yeast.. I substituted for nutrional yeast in the pill form.

But I'm glad that your supply is getting back up, just keep doing what your doing and try and add more feedings taking away the formula eventually. Also, oatmeal is good too, I have a yummy oatmeal cookie recipe to help your milk supply as well:

yields 4.5 dozen

1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup backed brown sugar 4 TBSP water 2 TBSP ground flax seed 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 3 cups oats 1 cup chocolate chips (or 1 cup of any thing..nuts, or other chips..or a combo adding up to 1 cup) 2-4 TBSP brewer’s yeast

1. Preheat oven to 350 f
  2. Mix the flax seed and water, let sit for 3-5 mins
  3. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well
  4. Add eggs and mix well
  5. Add flax and water mix and vanilla, beat well
  6. Sift in flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, salt, and mix.
  7. Stir in oats and chips.
  8. Drop spoonfulls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  9. Bake for 12 mins.

I am going to make these today, using unrefined sugars, whole wheat flour, chocolate chips, and coconut oil in place of the butter…And..for the sake of not eating too many at once, I’m only making a half batch.

Leosmama2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I saw the pills, but dind't know if they were the same thing. Mad I paid $28 for that crap liquid! Guess I'll have to try those instead. My lactation consultatnt told me to get this stuff, so it wasn't un-approved. I lost my supply in the first place b/c my daughter got sick and was hospitalized for awhile. She was not nursing, would only take a bottle, so I gave it to her....was not about to add dehydration to the list! I was pumping, but was exhausted, so that definately didn't help my supply either! Also, in the hospital it was very hard to pump every 3 hours like I should have. Nurses in and out, baby screaming in pain, and when it was quiet, I needed to shower, check on my other kids at home and REST! Soooo....thats why I lost my supply.

Anyway, I am giving formula too b/c she isn't getting much, so I nurse, then if she she insists after awhile I give her formula. She has been nursing every 2 hours, so my supply is slowing bumping its way back up! Thank goodness! And she has always had formula right before bed. I get the other kids to bed while my husband feeds the baby and gets her ready for bed.

Leosmama2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Great! Thanks! Will have to make these! I have been eating oatmeal as much as I can, however, I am not really an oatmeal person.....a cookie I never turn down tho!

Quoting Precious333:

lol thats how I felt about brewers yeast.. I substituted for nutrional yeast in the pill form.

But I'm glad that your supply is getting back up, just keep doing what your doing and try and add more feedings taking away the formula eventually. Also, oatmeal is good too, I have a yummy oatmeal cookie recipe to help your milk supply as well:

yields 4.5 dozen

1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup backed brown sugar 4 TBSP water 2 TBSP ground flax seed 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 3 cups oats 1 cup chocolate chips (or 1 cup of any thing..nuts, or other chips..or a combo adding up to 1 cup) 2-4 TBSP brewer’s yeast

1. Preheat oven to 350 f
  2. Mix the flax seed and water, let sit for 3-5 mins
  3. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well
  4. Add eggs and mix well
  5. Add flax and water mix and vanilla, beat well
  6. Sift in flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, salt, and mix.
  7. Stir in oats and chips.
  8. Drop spoonfulls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  9. Bake for 12 mins.

I am going to make these today, using unrefined sugars, whole wheat flour, chocolate chips, and coconut oil in place of the butter…And..for the sake of not eating too many at once, I’m only making a half batch.

Annette7931
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I couldn't agree with you more!!! This stuff is HORRIBLE!!! That being said, I start producing a whole lot of milk the second i finish it.  I still don't like it, but I take it.  But I definitely do not take it more than once a day.  I don't think i could do it more than once a day.  I bought the special blend ones too, but they don't help as much as the more milk plus.  Its a major difference to me.  So I'm sticking to the horrifyingly disgusting liquid :P

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I have been married to an amazing marine that i love with all my heart since Jan 14, 2007... I have a BS in Chemistry and a credential to teach but i choose to be a SAHM... My baby is now EBF and she will be ERF... What you do with your kid is none of my concern but i applaud your ability to choose what you think is right for YOUR baby.  I am more than happy to pass on any information on my decisions, but don't take it as a "do it my way" :)

Simonsmama
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I took the pills, but it didn't do much. 

Leosmama2006
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I just can't stand teh thought of even doing it once a day. Now if I was going to totally lose my supply I may be able to force myself, but not unless that would happen. I just wish i would have tried the pills. My lactattion consultant said you drink it like a tea.....I couldn't even find that. Hope that stuffs not as bad....1/2 tsp is bad enough, let alone a cup of tea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)