Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bottle question...PIOG

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm hoping to breastfeed, but I'm going to have to go back to work about 6 wks post partum and will have to pump. I was looing around at different bottle to be able to use and found the Tommee Tippee which looked like theyd be good, but I was hoping to get some input from some experts ;) Have any of you tried the tommee tippe, if so what was your opinion on them? If not....what bottle has worked best for you to be able to pump/bottlefeed and still be able to breastfeed too?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyTeki
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

BUMP!

teachermama81
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I haven't tried them, but I love the breastflow ones!

MNilsen
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM

We just used playtex bottles with a slow flow nipple and never had any problems.

MoriahL
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I used playtex, good luck I am sure you can do both!

Working From home and Loving it!

http://www.workinggreenmoms.com/

trist22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM

My BF son didn't take to any bottles.... but here's a bump for ya!

TJS08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM

My sister uses the tommee tippe bottles when she is unable to breastfeed and she just loves them!

AllNaturalMum
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I had to use them with one of the infants in my daycare and can honestly say they did NOTHING for me (or her, she wouldn't take them). You're going to have to work with your LO to find out what bottle works for them.

ciresyefiw
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Quoting MNilsen:

We just used playtex bottles with a slow flow nipple and never had any problems.

SoCalMel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading in one of my parenting magazines that Tomee Tippee products are very new here in the US. I have read some great reviews on the Mimi Jumi bottles though. They look like this:

abelsmama07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

tommee tippee works the best for us!  it's nice and flat wide base.  olive is very picky, and it took us several bottles (medela, avent, playtex drop-in, breastflow, nuk) to find the right one that she liked.  really it's gonna depend on baby.  (whatever you chose, only buy the one-pack of the bottle... that way if she rejects it.  you haven't wasted a ton of money).  i have nothing but good things to say about the tommee tippee (well except for the fact that you can only get it at BRU... that kinda sucks).  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)