• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing & Teething necklace?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am looking for a nursing AND teething necklace - the necklaces I see are either nursing necklace OR teething necklace, not both.

Here are the specifications of what Im looking for - a nursing necklace should be colorful and have texture so that it is able to capture the attention of a distracted baby.  A teething necklace should e sturdy enuf if if the baby uses it as a teething ring.  Oh I forgot to add, they should also be pretty ;-)

I like the necklaces in mommynecklaces.com, but their site specifically says they are not to be used as teething necklaces.

Anyone know of any site where I can get a Nursing AND teething necklace?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
llansky
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM

teething necklaces are not the same as nursing necklaces... teething ones are made from baltic amber, and slowly release an oil (i can't remember what its called) that is soothing. it should never be used as a chew toy. and it is worn by the baby. a nursing necklaces is simply a fun necklace worn by the mom to give the baby something to do while nursing. are you saying that you're looking for a nursing necklace that is safe to be chewed on? doesn't that defeat the purpose lol, if baby is supposed to be nursing :)

luckyme7
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM

do nursing necklaces work?

llansky
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

i don't know, i don't have one. lol i have a teething necklace though, which i think helps

Quoting luckyme7:

do nursing necklaces work?

montessori_mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM

There are necklaces for momma to wear that a teething baby can safely chew on, which are different from amber teething necklaces for baby to wear.  This one isn't meant as a "nursing necklace", but I don't see why it couldn't do the trick: http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Teething-Bling-Shaped-Necklace/dp/B001ANUSY4/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I201OHVWX5KOCE&colid=1WD5CVX1MEQG6 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)