Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reglan and Domperidone...(NEED SUPPORT PLEASE!)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 1 Replies

My DD is 6mos old and started refusing to nurse around 2mos, so I have been pumping my BUTT off to try and give her as much breastmilk as possible since then...so as of right now I have been able to give her 4oz bottes of BM every 2-3 hours and 2 bottles of formula at night!  Well I got really sick with food poising 3 days ago and I am barely getting anything...I pumped all day today and got a max of 10oz =/...well the doc called me in a RX for Reglan, which I have taken before and it worked great, besides the fact that it made me really depressed (when I already suffer from PPD)...I ordered 600 domperidone pills last night online but it wont be here for 2 weeks =/ I hope it works as good as the Reglan and I hope the Reglan kicks in soon cause my DD is going to be getting alot of formula tomorrow =[...

I really could use some encouraging words cause I am not getting any support and I am at my whits end and ready to give up =[...

My husband says that I have "given up" cause I dont even try to latch her on anymore...well how do you latch on a baby who HATES your boob...she literally SCREAMS when I show her my nipple...soooo weird, I know!

My mom, never breastfed any of her kids so she doesnt understand why I would "risk" myself with Reglan for breastmilk..."formula is just as good!" is what she says...

My mother in law, bitches about me not giving her JUST breastmilk...but also bitches that I am taking meds to increase my milk...aparently she doesnt think its safe for the baby!  Oh and she always LOVES to tell me how "proud" she is of my sister in law (her daughter) that she hasnt given her baby one bottle yet and hes already 3 months old...

I LOVED breastfeeding...LOVED IT!...I still do...I breastfeed my friends son whenever I am around him cause I think its so amazing (and yes she allows me to lol)...I wish my daugher would nurse but she just will not =[ I need people to support me, not doubt me and make me feel like a failure...so once again I have come to this group =[

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
I am a baby-wearing, co-sleeping, delayed/selective vaxing, breastfeeding, circumsizing, pro-LIFE, extended rear facing, disposable diapering, pro-spanking MOM of 2! =]
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Quoting SBarbaresi:

My DD is 6mos old and started refusing to nurse around 2mos,

I remember that you hadproblems before. I didn't realize you'd gone to exclusive pumping.

so I have been pumping my BUTT off to try and give her as much breastmilk as possible since then...so as of right now I have been able to give her 4oz bottes of BM every 2-3 hours and 2 bottles of formula at night!  Well I got really sick with food poising 3 days ago and I am barely getting anything...I pumped all day today and got a max of 10oz =/...well the doc called me in a RX for Reglan, which I have taken before and it worked great, besides the fact that it made me really depressed (when I already suffer from PPD)...I ordered 600 domperidone pills last night online but it wont be here for 2 weeks =/ I hope it works as good as the Reglan and I hope the Reglan kicks in soon cause my DD is going to be getting alot of formula tomorrow =[...

Domperidone DOES work. You can get it in the US from a compounding pharmacy. If there is one in your area, it's worth the trip.

I really could use some encouraging words cause I am not getting any support and I am at my whits end and ready to give up =[...

You've done an AMAZING job thus far.

My husband says that I have "given up" cause I dont even try to latch her on anymore...well how do you latch on a baby who HATES your boob...she literally SCREAMS when I show her my nipple...soooo weird, I know!

Welllll...this won't sound supportive. BUT...this is the sort of thing that needs to be ignored. Baby screaminbg, that is.She's gonna scream and yell at you more than she does anything else all her life...and you have to be completely unmoved by it. Your job will never ever be to make her happy, after all.

Did you try a supplemental nursing system ever? Because that's what I would try, and sippy cups instead of bottles and no pacifiers...leaving the breast as the only source of sucking comfort.

There's no such thing as too late till death or double mastectomy. It IS up to you, but I don't want you thinking it's impossible. It's only slightly more difficult than the exclusive pumpoing you're already doing.

My mom, never breastfed any of her kids so she doesnt understand why I would "risk" myself with Reglan for breastmilk..."formula is just as good!" is what she says...

Selective hearing. You probably developed it as a teenager when she criticized you then (see the section above on mom being screamed and yellled at more than anything else)...use that skill now. Just don't pay attention.

There is only  ONE PERSON you ever need support from in your whole life...the only one who will indeed be there your whole life. She's in your mirror every day. If SHE is happy, gthe rest of the world can go hang.

My mother in law, bitches about me not giving her JUST breastmilk...but also bitches that I am taking meds to increase my milk...aparently she doesnt think its safe for the baby!  Oh and she always LOVES to tell me how "proud" she is of my sister in law (her daughter) that she hasnt given her baby one bottle yet and hes already 3 months old...

Once again...selective hearing. Only with mothers in law, you select even less to hear.

I LOVED breastfeeding...LOVED IT!...I still do...I breastfeed my friends son whenever I am around him cause I think its so amazing (and yes she allows me to lol)...I wish my daugher would nurse but she just will not =[ I need people to support me, not doubt me and make me feel like a failure...so once again I have come to this group =[

Did baby get ONE DROP of breastmilkj? Just ONE DROP?

Then you ARE a roaring success. That's the Official Group Definition. Delete the word failure from your vocabulary...it DOES NOT APPLY.

What you're not so successful at is tuning others out...it's a great skill to have. And a bit of stubbornness too. You CAN do this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)